The Black Education Free Encyclopaedia
Photo Credits: Sarah Charlton
Emotional intelligence means having control of certain elements or domains, pertaining to self and to others around you.
The 5 key components of emotional intelligence.
1. Self-awareness- knowing your emotions and how you are being perceived
2. Self-regulation- managing your emotions
3. Motivation- motivating yourself and others
4. Empathy- recognising and understanding the emotions of others
5. Social skills- managing the emotions of others.