The operators of blackeducation.com, Black Education CIC (“we”, “us” or “our”), a non-profit social enterprise, Community Interest Company, registration number 13351111. Registered office address at Gnome House, 7 Blackhorse Lane, London UK, E17 6DS. Our mission is to deliver rich editorial content across our platform to educate, empower and raise awareness. With a goal that our content is educational information that is relevant, credible and accessible to all.
These terms govern our relationship with the users of our platform and our services. Generally, we aim to keep all content fair and credible, but from time to time content may breach this requirement and is removed from the site. For legal compliance, content may be removed without notice. All content is monitored and moderated by our editors, however, our platforms are merely a host for the contributed content and we aim to keep moderation or edits to absolute minimum.
Our network of users provide content and this is how the vast amounts of information we host is produced. It is users like you that help us to fulfil our mission. So it is essentially the community that preserves our platforms. Everyone is welcome to join as a contributor, editor or author, but the policies listed here should be followed.
Both the content provider and us have a legal responsibility for all content to ensure applicable laws in the United Kingdom governing jurisdiction or any other applicable laws or jurisdictions are abided by. It is important for users to exercise caution when posting content in light of this responsibility for your protection and ours. The content we host is for informational purposes only, it does not provide any expert advice for any particular matter such as medical, legal or financial; for such matters the help of a licensed or qualified professional should be sought. For the protection of users and us, content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws in the United Kingdom or other jurisdictions should be avoided for contribution. Black Education CIC does not offer any legal protection, indemnification or immunity for content contributors or other user.
Our platform content is collaboratively edited by our content providers and our editors but we do not take any credit for content. Nor do we endorse or represent any opinions expressed in any of the content. Our editor’s role is merely to ensure that information is formatted appropriately and moderated accordingly for credibility and fairness. We are not an editing service provider, we are the host for the educational and informational content.
We host a wide range of content and in some cases, it may be objectionable or erroneous. You may also encounter material that you deem to be offensive, misleading, mislabelled. We ask that you understand we do not represent any information or endorse it. However, we will moderate when necessary so we are happy to receive genuine requests from users if they feel information is inaccurate or not credible. However, we ask that common sense is used and an understanding is exercised on the basis that this is an open and accessible platform for all views and opinions.
Some pages may contain reader supported affiliate links where we may receive an affiliate commission should readers purchase these products or services. This keeps our website free and pays for our expenses.
Our directory of businesses is for informational purposes only. We do not have any affiliation with any of the businesses listed unless clearly stated. We do not provide any guarantee of quality of service, pricing or otherwise. We aim to provide accurate up-to-date information as best we can, but this information is not provided with any guarantees or insurances. We do not take any responsibility for mishaps, damages or claims for any business listed in our directory. To report a business to have it removed from the directory you may email us.
Certain activities whether legal or illegal may be harmful to others and violate our rules. Some harmful activities may subject you to liability. To protect yourself and others we do not accept the following activities:
• Harassing and abusing others, using abusive language or continuously harassing another user.
• Engaging in threats, online stalking, spamming, junk mail or online vandalism to other users.
• Violating the privacy of other users, infringing their privacy rights under the laws of the United Kingdom or applicable jurisdiction.
• Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, for promotional or commercial purposes.
• Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for any illegal or violation of applicable laws for minors.
• Engaging in false statements, impersonation or fraud
• Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation, with intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate.
• Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with individual or entity, or using the name of another user with the intention to deceive, or engage in fraud.
• Committing infringement, infringing on copyrights, trademarks, patents or other propriety rights under applicable law.
• Misuse of our services for illegal purposes
• Posting any form pornography or nudity or obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law.
• Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code or other device that could harm our infrastructure or technical systems.
• Engage in automated use of our platform via a robot or artificial intelligence.
• Disrupt the platform with inundated content causing server, network or traffic problems.
• Knowingly accessing or tampering with server or computer systems.
• Probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of our platforms or technical systems.
Users found to engage in any of the above activities risk having their accounts blocked or permanently terminated. When appropriate, legal action will be sought. If your account is terminated for any reason, any content contributed will still remain on the platforms. Although the user will no longer be able to access their account, they may still have access to view the public platform.
Users must not impersonate, misrepresent of affiliation or engage in deceptive activity. As part of these obligations, users must disclose if they are representing an organisation, an employer, client or other legitimate affiliate when user account is created and when content contributed. The disclosure must be made on the users account page. It is important to disclose when contributions are paid for by an affiliate organisation under applicable laws. Users are responsible to safeguard their passwords and should never disclose passwords to any third party.
Plagiarism is an offence and a form of fraud. If any of our content is used in a commercial manner or used without credits for any other purpose, the appropriate legal action will be sought to the full extent of the law. Contributors also have a legal obligation to ensure content produced is that of their own work and provide the appropriate credit when including or making reference to third party content.
Licensing, Copyright and Content Re-use
Freedoms are given to reuse the information and content on our platforms for educational purposes only and not for commercial use. It is important for users to acknowledge and respect any present copyrights or trademarks when applicable. Any re-use of information should be referenced and credits given. All content providers and users are expected to agree to the free use of information on this basis to which the content provider that hold the copyright, agree to further license its use under: Creative Commons Attribution- ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (“CC BY-SA”), and GNU Free Documentation License (“GFDL”) (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts). Re-users may comply with either license. These licenses are non-revocable and that you, a user or content provider will not seek to revoke this license even if you terminate the use of our services.
Any content from third party sources imported into our platforms that is under a license should attributed and credited accordingly, using hyperlinks to the license and/or the original authors personal information and affiliated organisations. Also noting where the content was originally published and cited. With all content you agree to clearly indicate that the original work has been modified when applicable. Along with the licensing information and a hyperlink or text copy of the license.
To comply with applicable laws, we will respond to notices of infringement and where necessary remove content. We will also terminate users and account holders from our platforms who are repeat infringers. However, we also support our users and will encourage users to file counter-notifications when appropriate if an initial notice has not been made in good faith.
For any licensing matters email: email@example.com
Disputes and Jurisdiction
In the case of any legal dispute we are based in the United Kingdom and are bound by all applicable laws in this jurisdiction and any legal matters will be held in the courts in London, United Kingdom.
Disputes should be raised within one (1) year after the pertinent facts underlying any claim or cause of action or shall be forever barred from legal proceedings unless a reasonable excuse is discovered.
At Black Education CIC we do our best to provide educational and informational content that is credible and fair and accessible to all. But our services come with some restrictions and limitations on activities as outlined above.
• We welcome everyone to use our platforms and services on the basis that you will be civil and responsible and act in good faith.
• We do not provide any protection or warranties on license breaches or other infringements, nor do we make any guarantee for your cyber security or safety.
• Any material downloaded or obtained through our platforms is done at your own risk.
• We do not endorse or support any particular views or opinions expressed in any of the content.
• The content we host is for informational purposes only, it does not provide any advice for any particular matter such as medical, legal or financial; for which seek the help of a licensed or qualified professional.
• You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store or transmit any content or communications from our platforms.
• We retain the right to create limits on use and storage of our platform and services, at our sole discretion at any time without notice.
• Black Education CIC will not be liable to you or any party for any direct or indirect damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loss regardless of events. In any case where we are found to have liability, our liability shall not exceed one thousand pounds sterling (£1000) when the law or jurisdiction permits such a limitation.
• The terms do not create an employment, agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between you and us, Black Education CIC. Unless a separate signed agreement exists with us, these terms are the entire agreement between you, the user and us. When a separate signed agreement with us exists, the signed agreement will take precedence.
• You agree that without explicit agreement in writing, any contribution of content does not require compensation of any sort.